The main idea to have a great telephone communication is to Give the right impression right from the first few seconds when you answer a call. Here are some suggestions on how we can achieve that goal :
- Answers call promptly, ideally on the second or third tone/ring.
- Quickly introduce yourself “Hello, this is A from X company”
- Greet the person
- Smile when you are having a phone call. Yes, smile will cause your voice to be a little bit more energetic and warmer
- Use a “telephone voice” – clearly and slowly, neutral tome, measured pace
- Ask how you can help – makes Customer or Colleague feels they are important to you. This gesture will also send “a message” that the Caller’s concerns are your priority
- Politely ask the Caller’s name, record it and then Use the name in the conversation. It will show that you are taking an interest in the Caller.
- Practice Listening Skills – listen to what the Caller is saying attentively, write down key points, verify your understanding by paraphrasing the Caller’s statement with your own words.
- Be enthusiastic and show respect to the Caller. Practice it over and over again until it becomes a habit/attitude.
I hope the tips help you on your daily business activities. Practice makes it perfect! 🙂