Let’s say you have 80 pages of a thesis document which consist of 4 Chapters, and you want to save each Chapter to a separate file.
There are multiple ways to achieve this, one of the easiest and reliable way is by using the PDF feature. Here’s how:
- Open the document in Microsoft Word (2013)
- Fill the Filename accordingly (for example “Chapter 1”)
- Click : File > Save As > Save as type and choose “PDF”
- Click : Options in the Save As window
- Type in the Page(s) you want, for example to save the Chapter 1 from Page 1 to Page 10
- Click OK and Save. You’re done for Chapter 1 file. Repeat the same procedure for the other chapters.
The end result would be PDF files not word document. Hope this helps!